Don’t worry, it’s not just you, every Shopify store owner has the same question at some point - what are the best apps to increase sales?
Let’s start at the very beginning, you already have your Shopify store up and running, it looks great, and your hopes are high. However, there’s no point in having a store if nobody is buying your products. You can stay busy all day, updating images, adding new stock, creating killer content descriptions, and making your store look amazing. Unfortunately, as an old friend with 40 years of retail experience used to say, ‘If you eat soup with a fork you’ll always be busy, but you’ll also always be hungry’.
That’s why you need the very best Shopify apps that are really going to help drive customers to your online store and get the sales rolling in. But which Shopify apps are the right ones for your business?
We’ve done a deep-dive to discover 20 of the best Shopify apps that are designed to significantly boost your sales and grow your profits - from email marketing apps, lead capture apps, review and customer loyalty apps, to apps that help cross-sell and upsell your products.
Let’s see if we can find the right Shopify apps for you and your store.
#1 sixads - FREE traffic and easy ads
sixads is the Shopify app created to drive your online shop’s sales by running high-performing ads for you and your business!
At present, you’re probably wasting a lot of valuable time trying to understand the ins and outs of Facebook, Instagram, and Google ads. Reading articles, searching for advice, watching tutorial after tutorial, and digging into your valuable and hard-fought budget. The good news is that sixads can remove that headache almost instantly.
In just 2 minutes you can be selling your products on Facebook, Instagram, and Google. What this means for your e-commerce store is that you can have your products in front of millions of potential shoppers in no time.
With a range of paid plans to choose from, you get to decide which sixads plan is just right for you, plus you also have the option to drive more customers to your Shopify store for FREE.
That’s exactly what sixads can do for your business when you become part of a growing movement of online store owners who have found the simplicity and value of the sixads FREE traffic feature.
sixads lets you drive targeted and ready-to-buy users to your shop by displaying your products in other Shopify stores. In return, you display the products of other store owners in your store.
So, how does it work?
You know all the manual work, uploading photos, video, and writing ad copy for hundreds of products? Forget about it. sixads automates the entire process.
With just one click you can approve your personalized ad visuals, texts, and target audiences while you carry on running your business as the sixads advanced algorithms create and run high-yield ads to help you sell more and smarter.
It’s this easy to get started
- Simply add the sixads app to your Shopify store.
- Select the products you want to advertise.
- Approve the sixads personalised ad visuals, the audiences you want to target, and the accompanying texts.
- Sit back and start selling.
Facebook ads, Google ads, Instagram ads.
Free and paid plans available.
#2 Sumo - Boost conversion and sales
Sumo is a FREE lead-capture Shopify app designed to automatically grow your email list, power conversions, and drive sales to your online store. With over 37,000 customers Sumo has a growing band of followers who have realized the power of a super-charged email list.
Sumo is simple to install, and easy to begin using due to its use of smart and carefully designed templates. With Sumo there’s no need for any additional email automation apps, plus, there’s the bonus of being able to send an auto-response when your customers are on board.
The FREE version plan is installed with unlimited forms and subscribers which allows you to send up to 10,000 emails per month, plus it gives the user the option to edit all pop-ups and emails.
So, how does it work?
- Up your order value - Engage customers with targeted incentives
- Use discount codes - Sumo helps boost sales by helping you integrate offers and discounts with Shopify
- Stop cart abandonment - Know when a customer is about to abandon their cart and act accordingly
- Get automated mail - Boost conversions and sales with targeted and follow-up email campaigns
- Grow your customer base - Automatically collect valuable emails with high-converting opt-in forms
- Access customer support - Sumo customer support team are on-hand to answer your Shopify queries
- Always SEO friendly - GDPR and Google SEO guidelines compliant Sumo can help you convert more prospects to sales
- Get started quickly - Set up in minutes and let the Sumo Shopify app get you selling smarter
It’s this easy to get started
- Install Sumo.
- Activate it (with no coding needed).
- Watch your numbers go up!
Free and paid plans available - Free plan allows the user to send up to 10,000 emails per month
#3 Subscriptions by ReCharge
If recurring payments and subscriptions is a feature of your Shopify e-commerce business, then you’re probably considering some way to manage the whole process. Subscriptions by ReCharge integrates directly with Shopify to make the problems associated with recurring payments and subscription management for any online store a thing of the past.
ReCharge as an app combines loosely with Shopify, however, when a customer arrives at the checkout option they are taken off-site to an independent ReCharge payment processing page. Accounts for customers are created for both ReCharge and Shopify and are independently managed. In a nutshell, ReCharge’s functionality allows an online store owner to manage, analyze, and customize repeat orders while integrating with a host of other apps.
Seamlessly manage subscriptions and recurring order payments and a host of other features, depending on which price plan you opt for. Free to use for 60 Days.
Create subscriptions in a matter of minutes.
- Manage - Turn one-time products into monthly subscriptions with customisable delivery and cut-off dates, inventory and stock forecasting, and order work-flow management capabilities.
- Customers - Easily allow and encourage customers to manage their own subscriptions
- Intuitive - Control every aspect of your subscription product offerings with an intuitive administration portal
- Design - Every element of the ReCharge app has been designed with ease of use in mind and is both mobile and desktop-friendly
- Integrations - Take your business to the next level with a huge range of integrations available
Take full charge of your customer’s journey while customising every element of the subscription experience via API which comes with full documentation and developer support.
- Analytics - Customise your data into groups and receive metrics which will help you understand the customer value, average order value, along with rates of churn.
- Themes - Build a customised customer portal to enhance the customer journey
- Upsell - Upsell or cross-sell with add-on products, promotions, or discounts and ship automatically
- API - Design and create custom solutions with a powerful API
The ReCharge API helps Shopify store owners to scale their subscriber growth, along with using webhooks and custom workflows which help solve any complex subscription requirements. Plus, you get expert support directly from the ReCharge developer team.
Scale your subscriber growth with the ReCharge API, webhooks, and custom workflows to solve complex subscription needs. Plus, get expert support from the ReCharge developer team.
- API Slack channel
- Expert documentation
- Webhooks and workflows to connect all parts of your business in real-time
- Data exports from ReCharge to other platforms
- Automate marketing and fulfillment
- Klaviyo, Zapier, Refersion, Gorgias.io, Rebuy, Smile.io
#4 Yotpo - Product reviews & photos
Yotpo already helps thousands of success-driven e-commerce store owners to move their business forward by utilising and integrating data-driven solutions for reviews, customer loyalty, SMS marketing strategies, and much more. Yotpo even allows you to migrate reviews from PowerReviews, Bazaarvoice, Judge.me, Rivyo, Stamped, and Loox.
As an official Shopify Plus Technology Partner Yotpo has received over 1,800 five-star reviews among Shopify App Store users. Yotpo has also helped some of the fastest-growing Shopify stores with increased sales using customer-content as the vehicle.
Yotpo lets you improve your Shopify online stores profitability by letting you:
- Collect Reviews - Collect reviews, gratings, photos, along with questions and answers from your customers.
- Customer Content - Customer content is a hugely valuable commodity, Yotpo lets you increase conversion by showcasing this content.
- Increase Discovery - Boost your brand’s discovery and increase traffic - with searches on Google Shopping - via Yotpo’s official partnership with Google.
- Social Proof - Boost social proof by sharing your user-generated-content on Facebook and Instagram.
- Build Community - Build a loyal brand community who will endorse your business and drive traffic to your store.
- Analyse - Use analytics and customer feedback to help you make better business decisions.
*Yotpo comes as both a Free Plan and Monthly Paid Plans
The Yotpo Free Plan - what’s included?
- Display - Display customer reviews and photos, plus star ratings that promote trust and confidence in your e-commerce store, your products, and your credibility. These can be displayed across your homepage, your product and category pages, and also when it comes to checkout time.
- Spread - Shout out the good news by publishing your reviews on Facebook and Twitter.
- Automate - Automate your email process which will help you collect more reviews from your customers with nothing more than a simple request.
- Moderate - Yotpo’s moderation tools let you publish reviews to your site, share them on social media channels, and interact with comments in order to promote customer engagement. In addition, to help you deal with unsavoury situations faster, Yotpo will flag negative reviews that need attention.
Getting Started - Integration
With one single click integrate Yotpo with your Shopify store. Migrate reviews from Bazaarvoice, Judge me, PowerReviews, Loox, Stamped.io, and Rivyo. Integrates with Facebook, Instagram, Google, Zendesk, Klaviyo, SMSBump.
#5 Bold Upsell - Sell more with upsells and cross-sells
Bold Upsell lets Shopify store owners offer upgrades or complementary products to your customers to replace or add items to their shopping cart. You can set up your first upsell proposition in minutes and start selling and offering better value instantly.
You choose where and when to trigger your upsell and cross-sell offers in harmony with your store design.
Increase the value of customer orders
- Make an offer to replace your customers’ purchases with an upgraded or enhanced version of the product.
- Upsell a single product to a complete product bundle or collection for your customers.
- Cross-sell complementary and associated products that have been added to your customers’ shopping carts.
- Create all of your upsell and cross-sell offers in no time and boost your sales immediately.
- Save yourself time by designing and scheduling your upsell and cross-sell offers ahead of time.
The smarter way to upsell
- Follow your upsell metrics to get the best return from your offers.
- Using Bold Brain (a free add-on for Bold Upsell) you can access upsell recommendations which are created using your customers’ activity. Quickly discover which upsell offers work best for you and your Shopify store.
- A feature that allows you to make special product offers, discounts, or free shipping when a customer spends a designated sum of money. You can also trigger an upsell based on the value of a customer’s shopping cart.
- Hide out-of-stock products and risk overselling.
- Create additional offers based on your customers’ actions and responses to previous offers.
- Maintain consistent branding throughout the shopper’s entire journey across all devices using custom styling.
- Display your offers on the product or cart page.
- Let customers choose styles and quantities directly from the upsell window.
- Bold Brain, Google Analytics, Bold Discounts, Bold Product Options.
ReferralCandy helps you to generate sales with minimum effort. In an effort to automate their referral programme Shopify and Shopify Plus e-commerce stores have put their trust in ReferralCandy. One of the best Shopify apps to increase sales, build social proof, increase your customer retention rates, and drive profits with an easy-to-use referral program.
Using customer and influencer referrals are powerful sales tools to have in your hands if you’re the owner of an online Shopify store. It’s a fact that word of mouth is a big influencer when it comes to customers making a decision whether to buy or not - most shoppers trust referrals over any other medium platform. ReferralCandy helps you reward customers or influencers who bring other new customers to your store and make a purchase. The Shopify app comes with a free trial.
The benefits of ReferralCandy
- ReferralCandy has generated hundreds of millions of dollars in referral sales for Shopify store owners.
- Using the theme editor you control the complete look and feel by customising all actions from pop-ups to emails via a drag and drop template editor.
- You choose the referral rewards and incentives that work best for your - cash rewards, coupon codes, or gifts - ReferralCandy will do the rest.
- Customers will receive their referral rewards automatically via automated rewards payouts.
- Have access to the industry benchmark metrics that matter; referral sales, clicks, and traffic (these integrate with Google Analytics).
- Track your results faster with a smart email integration using Mailchimp and Klaviyo.
- Share your results across social media platforms Facebook, Messenger, or Instagram.
- Intelligent customer support from a professional support team who will help you set up and scale your referral marketing campaigns.
- No backend knowledge or developers needed to be up and running in minutes.
- Take a 30 Day Free trial and simply cancel within 30 days with no charge to your credit card.
- ReferralCandy utilises smart referral programmes like Bamboo, Swell, LoyaltyLion, Smile, LeadDyno, ShoutOut, and Refersion.
- ReferralCandy integrates with PayWhirl, Klaviyo, S-Loyalty, Bold, RecurringOrders.
#7 Trust Hero - Trust Badges
If you’ve done the hard work of driving customers to your online store the last thing you want is an abandoned cart due to concerns over payment security. Trust Hero from the Shopify app store can help stop the problem of payment security issues and abandoned cart concerns. By displaying Trust Hero free payment and security badges on your product and checkout pages you can help alleviate any security concerns your customers may have.
Create your own set of fully customisable icons and badges and ensure the buyer’s confidence in your product and your store. Badges take less than one minute to make and give a lifetime of trust to your business.
- Many other companies charge a lot of money for security certificates, trust badges are free.
- Easy to set up in minutes with no developers, no back-end knowledge, and no technical know-how required.
- Looks are everything and the ShopifyTrust Hero app is customised for all mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- One-click installation, no coding, and ready to go in 2 minutes.
#8 Bizzy Social Proof - Create urgency with recent sales notifications
Bizzy Social Proof (formerly known as Yo Recent Sales Notifications) is based solidly on the concept of social proof as a driver for sales and growth. Social Proof simply means that customers are more likely to interact with your business if they see that others are already interacting in a satisfied manner.
You can build confidence, put them at ease, and encourage them to make a purchase by showing them products which other shoppers have already purchased.
- Bizzy Social Proof helps you to recreate the feeling of a traditional store where your customers are presented with creative and subtle popups illustrating recent purchases in your store.
- It doesn’t matter how many sales you’ve made or how big your team is, Bizzy is the perfect solution for all Shopify stores, it’s flexible time stamp lets you decide and customise which orders appear in the popups, from 30 minutes ago to 12 hours ago - or even longer - it’s up to you.
- One of Bizzy’s most important features helps you to retarget customers who have viewed a particular product and entices them with a recent sales notification for the product.
- There’s no messing around as Bizzy takes seconds to install without any technical knowledge. It has a smart and simple dashboard that’s really easy to use and will have your marketing strategies baying off in no time.
- Bizzy comes complete with helpful FAQs and tooltips to help you get the most from the app.
- Collect valuable data and insights about notification success and customer behaviour.
- Bizzy integrates with Google Analytics to provide you with important information about your notifications’ performance.
- Bizzy gathers and adds valuable information to your advertising campaigns, such as where your customers are from and how they found your store.
- Bizzy’s language feature lets you display your recent sales notification in whatever language your customers are using while shopping.
- If you run into any problems with Bizzy, a customer support team is on hand to help with any queries.
#9 Smile: Rewards & Loyalty
Smile - Rewards and Loyalty work in tandem with Shopify brands, helping them to grow their success with an easy-to-build loyalty platform via a much used and trusted rewards app. Smile’s philosophy is based on the notion of saving e-commerce businesses money on expensive, unreliable, and flawed lead-capture campaigns. In contrast to highly intensive lead-gathering, Smile helps Shopify shop owners boost their sales from existing customers through personal referrals, interactive pop-up communication, point and bonus campaigns, and more. Users can easily build a rewards programme that goes hand-in-hand with your existing business.
How Smile can make you Smile
A smile loyalty programme rewards your returning customers with discounts, gifts, perks, along with creating an engaging atmosphere when interacting with your store.
Loyalty points programme
- Customers earn points for their actions - creating an account, making an order, personal milestones.
- Uses urgency to create appeal - expiry campaigns and bonus points.
- Invite customers to return to their abandoned carts.
- Customers are rewarded with points for free gifts at the checkout
- Build your social proof through existing customers.
- Encourage your Shopify customers to refer a friend and receive a bonus or reward.
- Use built-in analytics to monitor referrals
- Reward loyal customers with VIP status and perks to help grow retention levels.
- Upsell to lower-ranked customers to help them reach the VIP level.
- An in-store, highly engaging rewards button makes email capture and sign-ups straight-forward easier process.
- Harmonise store design, add features like logos, banner images, and a host of colour options.
- Get your rewards programme designed, configured, and launched on Spotify in less than one day.
- Zero coding skills required.
- Access to a host of additional and helpful Smile resources to grow your success.
- Integrate with Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Omnisend, Gorgias, ReCharge, PushOwl, Privy, Judge.me, and a lot more.
- Comes in both FREE and paid plans.
*Smile is available only in English
#10 Klaviyo: Email Marketing
Klaviyo builds and manages to create unforgettable experiences across multiple marketing channels for Shopify e-commerce stores through email, SMS, and in-app notifications. The key to Klaviyos popularity is that it listens to and understands the actions of customers, visitors and subscribers, turning those actions into valuable and relevant actionable messaging.
How Klaviyo can help
- Klaviyo listens to your customers and offers creative solutions from over 100 pre-built integrations from rewards programmes to shipping solutions. These integrations include Facebook, ShipStation Privy, Smile, Yotpo and many more.
- Using Kaviyo’s free Form Builder you can collect more information about your customers and visitors while growing your leads email list. And there’s NO coding necessary.
- Your customer profiles give you an organised and easily understandable view of your user’s actions, history, behaviour, and preferences. Vital metrics for any e-commerce store owner.
- Target customers based on single or multiple segmentation - events, profiles, locations, date, or any number of other metrics. Easily gather and build important customer groups based on the criteria of your choice.
- Provides important metrics such as customer lifetime value, churn risk, gender prediction, and smart send times are all hard-wired into Klaviyo saving you time and effort.
- Klaviyo’s reporting is focused on your growth through smart analytics of your campaigns.
Getting personal with Klaviyo
- Automation - Klaviyo’s Flow Builder lets you automate messages for every segment of your buyer’s journey, plus letting you perform A/B and split testing.
- Social - Sync your customer lists and segments to Facebook and Instagram ensuring you hit the right audience every time.
- Target - Effectively target your campaigns using Klaviyo pre-made templates - or create your own with HTML.
- Message - Send well-timed text messages to those customers with a preference for messaging using this medium. Klaviyo can manage compliance and make use of pay-as-you-go pricing to make the most of your ROI.
Integrate - Klaviyo integrates with Facebook Advertising, Recharge, Zendesk, Smile.io, Aftership, Swell.
- Klaviyo comes with a range of payment plans depending on user requirements.
- Klaviyo also provides a FREE limited tier which lets you try many of the app’s features free of charge.
#11 Firepush - Turn traffic into sales with push, SMS and email marketing
Firepush offers a wide range of campaigns and automations across 3 high impact channels - SMS, browser push notifications, and email. You can use these messages - all cleverly coordinated by Firepush - to convert more of your visitors into loyal customers.
From abandoned cart recovery to welcoming new subscribers to driving sales with promo campaigns, Firepush has message types to suit every stage of your ecommerce funnel.
Red Hot Firepush Benefits
- You’ll reach a wider audience and get better conversions by communicating on multiple channels - SMS, email and pushes.
- The 3 channels on Firepush work together. You can set up automations that first send pushes and emails, then follow up with SMS. In this way you get maximum impact with no wasted marketing spend.
- Firepush offers double opt-in to ensure data compliance. And there is a range of engaging sign up options available: fly-out widgets, embed boxes, and pop-ups.
- You can recover lost sales and boost your conversions with abandoned cart automations. These run on auto-pilot, sending targeted reminders to any customers who items to their cart but don’t complete the purchase.
- You can reward your new subscribers and drive first purchases with automated welcome messages via push, email and SMS.
- Engage existing customers and improve customer lifetime value with bulk or targeted promo campaigns.
- Firepush offers a package of smart automations that bring results with zero effort required. These include delivery notifications, price drop alerts and messages to win back customers who haven’t been active for some time.
- Firepush offers a whole suite of advanced reporting tools so you can fine-tune your campaigns and automations across all 3 channels.
24/7 customer support is available via chat and email, and there’s a phone line too. Firepush offers tailored demo sessions to help you find the right strategy for your store, and if you’re on the PRO or Enterprise plans you also get a dedicated Strategy Manager and Integration Engineer.
#12 Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS
Privy is a free box of email, marketing, conversion, and SMS tools, including popups and banners to help prevent exit and grow your email list from within your Shopify store. No developer skills needed.,
Privy does what?
- Privy is fully customisable with mobile-friendly displays featuring email pop-ups, banners, flyouts, email gathering tools, and lots more.
- Coupon integration, both single and bulk use. Get autoresponder coupon codes for your popups, emails, or SMS.
- Create campaigns based on characteristics; cart abandonment, cart value, exit intention, scrolling, geography, device type, number of visits and much more.
- Test your reach and response with an automated A/B split test.
- Use free shipping bars to improve cart conversion rates.
- Turn signups into sales with reminder emails, autoresponders, and texts.
- Run upsell campaigns using add-to-cart buttons.
- Automatically send communications including newsletters and abandoned cart and order emails or SMS.
- Sync your new contacts with more than 50 email services including Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Conversio and many more.
- Use triggers - time on page, exit, scrolling patterns - to decide when to show offers to your shop’s visitors.
- Use real-time reporting to know how your campaigns are performing.
- Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Retention Rocket, Bronto, smile.io, octane.ai.
#13 Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App
Bold Discounts allows Shopify online shop owners to easily create custom promotions and sales. Designed to work at peak shopping times and occasions such as Christmas, Black Friday, and other gifting occasions by quickly changing storefront prices, creating flexible sales, scheduling discounts and syncing prices right across many sales channels.
Bold Discounts can help store owners to reduce cart abandonment by creating sales and discount codes. Change product prices across the entire store or sync them with Amazon, Instagram, or other platforms. Bold Discounts can help to motivate buyers with built-in countdown timers. Use special icons to identify goods on discount.
Some Bold Discounts features
- Choose how much to discount, by unit price off (per $), percentage off, or using a fixed price.
- Decide where to apply your sales discounts, at the collection, at the store level, or on hand-selected products only.
- Run simultaneous promotions with the dangers of stacking or combining discounts - you will always display the most attractive price to the buyer.
- Enable discounts that can be stacked with other promotions. to reward new signups or VIP shoppers.
- Create an instant sale by changing thousands of prices on your store’s products instantly.
- Schedule your price change on a timer then forget about it.
- Use the mobile administrator to edit your sales and promotions remotely.
- FREE trial available.
- Bold Custom Pricing, Bold Multi-Currency, Bold Bundles.
#14 Tidio Live Chat
Tidio is a FREE Shopify live chat app boosted by Chatbots and marketing automation which is designed to increase your customer journey satisfaction. Tidio allows you to be there, virtually, with your customer and reply to their queries instantly - always a good practice when you want to increase sales and stimulate customer retention. Being there when your store’s customer needs you helps to prevent them from leaving your store in favour of your competitors’.
Potential and existing customers usually require an immediate response to their requests and queries. If you can’t be available 24/7 a Tidio bot can handle the situation in your absence. Set up your bots simply with a few clicks and let them check product availability, delivery status, and many other requests. In addition, bots can hand over the conversation to a real operator when necessary.
What you can get with Tidio
- Less abandoned carts and lost sales - bots working for you 24/7.
- An abandoned cart bot can offer discounts to help retain customer presence.
- Your bots are always available and ready to help.
- Even when a customer makes contact through a channel you don’t use much, the Tidio bot can do that checking for you and enable you to respond quickly.
- Tidio also comes as a FREE mobile app.
- Adjust the widget to match your store design.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Dozens of automation and bot templates to choose from.
- The option to see your customers typing in real-time.
- Support for over 20 integrations.
- GetResponse, Zendesk, Mailchimp, Zapier, Google Analytics,.
#15 Gorgias - Live chat & Helpdesk
Gorgias your own private help desk and customer support service for e-commerce stores. This integrated app lets you manage all our support, customer service, ticket response management in one place. Using email, live chat, phone, Instagram, all in one app, saving you time, money, and solving customer concerns to improve customer loyalty.
Gorgias integrates with Shopify and Shopify Plus letting you view all customer details and interactions; cancellations, refunds, and duplicate orders. Connect other popular apps to let you cancel recurring orders and subscriptions, later loyalty points, or add additional functionality, all from one integrated dashboard.
- Manage conversations from multiple CRM channels. View all live chats and chat history in one space.
- Supports multiple stores.
- Respond in seconds with the Gorgias live chat function.
- View all customer support details associated with each ticket.
- Use pre-made templates to respond in one click.
- Use macros to pre-fill answers.
- End ticket backlog with an automated response.
- Create rules to manage all communications.
- Chat live with your online customers, while viewing the page they are visiting and all purchase history.
- Trigger live chats and contact forms instantly.
- Integrate complementary apps - loyalty, payment, ping, and shipping.
- Award your customer’s loyalty point from directly within the chat function.
- Use Gorgias to cancel orders, notify of duplicate orders, and make refunds.
- ReCharge, LoyaltyLion, Messenger, Shipstation, Aircall, +20more along with over 20 others.
#16 Growave ‑ Reviews, Loyalty ++
Growave can help small and medium-sized Shopify online stores to increase sales via loyalty rewards, wishlists, Instagram posts, reviews, and user-generated content from one location instead of using multiple apps.
Via Growave spread your brand’s news through rewarding who share your brand story or refer friends through social media platforms and email. Use rewards, loyalty programmes and reviews to build stronger and lasting customer relationships. Also, Growave helps you to increase lead conversion rates by means of photo reviews, Instagram feeds, social proof, and user-generated content.
Strengthen customer-brand relationships with Growave
Loyalty and Rewards - Consolidate customer-brand relations, boost interaction using bonus points which can be traded for rewards, free gifts, and promotion to VIP tiers, along with increasing the level of repeat purchases. Using Shopify POS you can also employ a loyalty programme offline.
Referral programme - Increase your community size and reach by rewarding your customers for interacting through sharing news on social media platforms, email, and referrals. It’s up to you to choose the reward that works best for you and your community.
Reviews - Reviews offer an element of trust and loyalty to your brand. Growave lets you collect photo reviews, products reviews, testimonials on autopilot, along with driving more customers to your store through searches and social media outreach. Enhance your credibility and trust using visual product reviews, question and answer sessions, and user-generated content.
Wishlist - Growave lets your customers create their own favourite products to a wishlist. This strategy can help reduce cart abandonment, and send auto-targeted emails when the products are saved to a wishlist, are on sale or discount, are back in stock, or even running low on stock (creating a sense of urgency).
Login - Login to your Growave account with one easy click via multiple social media and online accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Google Amazon, etc. You may also sign in using an email address.
Instagram - Create shoppable galleries using Instagram and user-generated content and let your customers shop directly from an Instafeed. Both Instagram feeds and UGC are fully compatible with the NEW Instagram API.
Import - Import from Yotpo, Smile.io, Okendo, Judge.me, Stamped.io, Loox, Vitals, Ali reviews.
- Yotpo, Pushowl, Firepush, Tobi, Klaviyo, Swell, Loox, Recharge, Ampify, Searchanise, Flow, and Shippingeasy.
#17 CM Commerce Email Marketing
CM Commerce (previously Conversio) is here to help you send better, more effective emails with a goal of increasing your Shopify shop’s sales. Take advantage of CM Commerce’s ability to combine email marketing strategies with user-generated content tools to build trust, confidence, and credibility for your e-commerce business.
Easy Shopify Integration - Sync your customer and order data to build a present and accurate picture of customer profiles and list segments.
Remove the Stress - CM Commerce helps remove the stress from email marketing and its automation using ready-to-deploy automation actions. It can help you to create custom emails for a multitude of customer actions - welcome new sign-ups, promote re-engagement with abandoned cart users, upsell with personalised receipts, plus, target customers based on preferences and behaviour.
Eradicate Irrelevant Emails - Who needs irrelevant emails? Nobody, that’s who. CM Commerce’s segmentation ability gives you all the metrics you need on your customer’s history, purchases, preferences, demographic and a whole lot more.
Grow the Trust - Through uploading photos and reviews with CM Commerce, your customers become your biggest sales tool. You can even promote their stories on your site and via your targeted marketing emails.
CM Commerce Key Features
- Re-engage abandoned cart users via emails featuring your latest product reviews, discount coupons, testimonials, or other product recommendations.
- Push your most successful email campaigns even further with super templates, cross-sell messages that urge action, and the prospect of shipping coupons.
- Use powerful automation to develop new customers, urge repeat purchases, and reward loyal and trusted customers.
- Feature your customers’ compelling stores both on your site and through emails and create brand advocates from satisfied customers.
- Customise and personalise your emails and newsletter to create marketing campaigns that sell.
- Once you sign up you are entitled to a 30-Day FREE trial of CM Commerce which gives you access to all tools.
- Privy, Optinmonster, Conversio, Smile.io, LoyaltyLion, JustUno.
#18 ProveSource Social Proof
ProveSource is a social proof app designed to build trust and confidence in your e-commerce store via live sales popup notifications with the goal of boosting sales and increasing conversions.
Live sales popups, notifications, and reviews give your store the air of being an authentic and in-demand place to shop. It allows users to get a live view of what other users have purchased and creates FOMO - the fear of missing out on something good. Even if you haven’t yet hit the big time ProveSource lets your e-commerce store punch above its weight.
Even if your store isn’t the biggest or the most successful out there, by showing your customers statistics, live sales, reviews, and other important metrics you have a better chance of enticing them to engage with your products, and lead to sales. Popups displaying recent orders, number of visitors, or page views can go a long way towards building your social proof score, trustworthiness, confidence, and credibility in the minds of your customers.
ProveSource automatically links to your Shopify store, tracking sales and displaying them live to your other customers. Shoppers love to know that they’re not alone in the decision-making process and ProveSource helps create an urgency to be part of something which others like and trust.
- Using live popups, show your customers the figures and stats that count - recent sales and orders, page visitors and total figures of items sold to create a FOMO urgency. You can try ProveSource as a FREE forever app or upgrade to the paid plan that suits your business.
- Customise your popups to suit your site - change position, frequency, colours, and images.
- Boost your sales and help your customers journey through the pipeline with clickable popups to take them directly to where you want them to go.
- ProveSource supports more than 22 languages.
- Used subtle selling techniques rather than intrusive popups
- Great customer support service
- Clickfunnels, SalesPop, Consistent Cart, Social Proof, Boost Conversions, Fomo.
#19 Recart FB Messenger Marketing
Recart is an e-commerce app which specifically helps store owners to increase sales using Messenger marketing. Messenger is fast becoming the new medium for smart marketing. In the past, many marketing emails were consigned to the promotions folder of an inbox and wasted both time and budget. Recart helps improve your interaction results through automated conversations with your customers on Facebook Messenger.
The rise in Messenger marketing is due to:
- It’s greater engagement rates - think about it, almost everyone opens messages when received in Messenger. ReCart gives you simple one-click Messenger subscription tools to grow your business.
- ReCart creates a personal connection between store owner and customer - this is almost impossible using FB ads, TV, radio, or print media.
- Using Facebook messenger, as your marketing tool of choice, you avoid flooding your leads’ and customers’ inboxes.
- Most of your customers are probably already Facebook users, a platform which is always open for business.
Marketing with ReCart
With ReCart you can increase your audience with all the tools you need to convert your visitors into committed subscribers.
Build better and more responsive Marketing lists - with a high open-rate - with ReCart.
Generate more sales with automated Messenger campaigns which give you the ability to:
- Send abandoned cart reminders.
- Answer product review requests - with Loox.
- Generate order receipts, shipping notifications, and welcome messages.
- Send notifications for sales and discounts and give the latest product news.
- With ReCart Messenger Instant Campaigns you can keep your audience abreast of all the latest news, helping you to upsell and cross-sell along with generating new and repeat customers.
- Wheelio, Optimonk, Justuno, Privy, Facebook Messenger, Klaviyo, Loox.
#20 SMSBump SMS + MMS Marketing
One more Shopify app you want to take advantage of is SMSBump designed to enable TCPA and GDPR due process, create SMS and MMS marketing strategies, and track the results. SMSBump also closely integrates with all of the major Shopify apps from review apps to help desks and everything in between. Despite the app’s massive functionality you can download and be up and running in less than 5 minutes.
Automation saves you valuable time
When you are running an e-commerce store the more tasks you can automate the more time you have to plan your future strategies. SMSBump can do just that with a series of dedicated pre-built SMS and MMS flows - including abandoned cart actions - customer win-back, new order flow planning and implementation, product upsell and cross-sell, and much more.
What’s in the bundle?
- Create stunning and sophisticated SMS and MMS flows to let your business run on automatic.
- Automate your Abandoned Cart and Customer Reactivation strategy.
- A picture is worth a thousand words - Boost conversion by sending images to your clients with MMS support.
- Narrow your SMS segmentation by combining Shopify filters.
- Measure performance by running A/B testing and variants of SMS messages.
- Track all your Shopify and individual discount codes with full support.
- Automatically schedule your SMS campaigns
- Keep track of all op-out and unsubscribed clients.
- Use Shopify POS to collect in-store subscribers, plus segment and launch targeted campaigns.
Main features of SMSBump
- Timing is everything - Send you messages at the right time based on your target’s local timezone.
- Nobody likes being disturbed during their ‘downtime’. By using ‘Quiet Hours’, based on your Shopify store’s timezone, you can safely guarantee that your clients will never be bothered at the wrong times.
- Finetune your geographic targeting by sending messages to selected countries only.
- Choose your message payments plan - never send messages above a selected price watershed.
- Bring fun to your campaigns with a selection of great emojis.
- Use both Giphy and Pexels integration.
Analyse and grow
- Good metrics are the key to great growth. SMSBump provides you and your online store with detailed in-app analytics such as order tracking, link clicks, SMS by geographic location, fluctuating conversion rates, amount of actual spend, campaign statistics, GIF and SMS special tags, and lots more.
- SMSBump works hand in hand with all your email marketing platforms, your Facebook messenger platform, web push apps, customer support help desks, pop up apps, billing and shipping notifications, upsell and cross-sells, reviews and loyalty, user-generated-content platforms, and many subscription apps.
- ReCart, Klaviyo, ReCharge, Privy, Yotpo, PushOwl.
#21 SmartrMail - Send better email newsletters
As an alternative to email services like Mailchimp, SmartrMail helps you reach your audience far more easily with your important newsletters and communications. SmartrMail is one of the best Shopify apps for e-commerce store owners who want to up their email marketing game, but without the time or financial resources. Via a painless Shopify integration - and great product support - email marketing becomes a vital tool you just can’t ignore. Comes as both a free and paid option.
Email marketing like a pro
Here’s what you can look forward to with SmartrMail:
- When time is of the essence wouldn’t it be great to compose your customers’ newsletters five-times faster than in the past? SmartrMail lets you do exactly that via a smart in-app product lookup.
- Use your analyses and metrics to help decide when to send automated product recommendations and let SmartrMail schedule them for weekly, bi-weekly, or whenever works best for you.
- Automate all of your email marketing plans, from win-back campaigns, cross-sell recommendations, and customer review requests, to order follow-up emails, and much more.
- Segments are key for targeting the right audience. SmartrMail can help you stop sending bulk emails to deaf ears and easily segment and reach your important customers with smart Shopify integration.
- Abandoned carts may never be a thing of the past but you can reduce the rate of abandonment significantly with an upgraded cart recovery strategy - SmartrMail lets you send up to 3 abandoned cart emails featuring selected cross-sell recommendations.
- Collect emails smarter and faster with the SmartrMail email capture popup.
- Create an email template that matches your e-commerce store’s design from the moment you install the app. The app also features a full HTML editor and a smart WYSIWYG feature.
- If you have less than 1,000 email subscribers the FREE email marketing plan let you send up to 5,000 emails monthly, along with including all standard features, automation, and support.
- Justuno, Wisepops, Sumo.
There are literally thousands of Shopify apps available on the market, all making claims to be the one that will help make your e-commerce business the success you are probably dreaming of. Many apps really are worth trying out, but bear in mind, despite their sometimes obvious advantages, not every app is right for every Shopify store’s business model.
Firstly understand EXACTLY what it is you want to do as part of your overall business strategy, then dive deeper into each aspect of that strategy - product selection, product descriptions, marketing, upselling, shipping and payment, customer support, automation, and so many more areas of expertise.
The above list of Shopify apps may not be the definitive guide to what every Shopify store owner will need to reach their goals and targets. However, we have gone to great lengths, across multiple areas of business, to find the ones that we think are worth investigating even further. And don’t forget, if the one you choose doesn’t do what you expected or needed, there are always more to try.
Remember to check our blog from time to time to get more great, informative, entertaining, and educational Shopify updates, tips, and resources. Why not bookmark the address today?