⛔ Our content calendar is full and we do not accept guest post submissions until October ⛔
Thank you for your interest in writing for the sixads blog!
Below are some things to keep in mind when submitting your idea, plus some important guidelines to follow when creating content.
First things first:
Guest post submission process:
- Come up with 3 possible topics for the article and 3 main keywords (1 for each topic is enough)
- Send us your topics and keywords in a Google document via the form below.
- Once we receive your document, we will review the topics and keywords and let you know which ones we have chosen.
- Then, we will ask you to send us an outline for the topic we have chosen.
- Once we receive and approve the outline, you can start writing the article.
Our keyword guidelines:
- The main keyword should have a search volume of 100 and more and keyword difficulty should not be higher than 75 based on SEMRush data.
- Use the main keyword in the title of the article, at least one heading, and a few times in the body of the text.
- Also, sprinkle longtail, semantically appropriate keywords to support the main keyword in headings and throughout the text.
Topics we’d love for you to write about:
- Ecommerce for beginners
- Shopify entrepreneurship
- Balancing the life between a full-time job and a side-hustle
Sixad’s target audience
Our audience mostly consists of people who build their online stores (usually on Shopify) as a side hustle and dream of turning them into a full-time job. They are not typically familiar with digital marketing or best advertising practices, however, they really strive to make it work. They are focused on selling and look for ways to do this successfully.
What we expect from your content
We want your content to inspire our readers to keep on hustling with their online stores. Your blog post should be educational and actionable and not complex. After reading your blog post our readers should take away actionable ideas to improve their stores.
Backlinks and Anchor Text
We only allow guest writers to create links directed back to credible, recent, and trustworthy sources with a DA higher than 30. NEVER include links to our competitors and avoid citing their content or resources.
We only accept SEO-friendly anchor text. SEO-friendly anchor texts are:
- Relevant to the linked page
- Should not be overly keyword-heavy
*Note: We only accept backlinks with anchors which occur naturally within the text.
Requirements for the blog post:
- Before you write your post, share an outline with us. There’s a better chance of us accepting your post if we approve the outline first.
- Follow our keyword guidelines above.
- Send your post in a Google document.
- Your blog post should be around 1,500 – 2,500 words.
- Include an FAQ section at the bottom of your article.
- We only accept original content which has not been previously published in any other outlet (plagiarism will be declined).
- The article has to be free of grammatical errors. We will not accept articles full of grammar, style, logic, and other mistakes.
- Use an informative yet friendly tone – use encouraging phrases. We love humor where it’s fitting the situation (as long as it’s respectful).
- Don’t use terms that are too complex.
- Vary the length of sentences for a good rhythm and keep your paragraphs short.
- Use graphics to illustrate the main points and break through the text. Avoid stock-looking images! It’s ok to use screenshots, embed videos. Please scroll through some of our blog posts and try to adapt similar visuals for the sense of continuity.
- We won’t accept self-promotional content. However, it’s ok to use your brand as an example as long as it gives actual, measurable information that brings value to the user.
- You can insert one do-follow link to a blog post on your website.
- Try to avoid fluff – it’s better to be concise but give actionable useful information or a unique perspective on oversaturated topics.
- Please link to 1 or 2 of our older blog posts if they relate to your topic.
- Please use American English only.
A few things about the format:
- Title: Each word in the title should be capitalized except for prepositions and conjunctions of four or fewer letters.
- Headings and subheadings: Capitalize only the first word in each subhead.
- Use bold to emphasize any important points.
- “This is how you need to punctuate a quote.”
- Use the Oxford comma.
- Use one space between sentences.
- Use headings and subheadings for scannability.
- Include bullet point lists where needed. The first word of a bullet point should be capitalized.
❗❗❗ Submissions are closed until October ❗❗❗