Email Marketing uses email to deliver commercial messages and generate sales. It is often considered the most powerful tool in eCommerce because of its high return on investment and conversion rates, and its enormous reach – everyone online has an email address. Also, Email Marketing is growing rapidly due to mobile-friendly applications.
There are five types of eCommerce emails:
- “Welcome emails” are sent to new subscribers.
- “Abandoned cart emails” remind customers about items they added to their shopping cart but did not buy.
- “Transactional emails” are sent in response to an action taken by the customer (e.g., purchase receipt, password reset, support request).
- “Reward emails” offer special deals to loyal customers.
- “Flash sale emails” announce limited-time offers.