A Wishlist is the list of items that a shopper saves in their account in an online store for future reference. In addition to helping shoppers easily find past selections, Wishlists help retailers because:
- they provide insights into their customers’ preferences;
- they can be used to develop a buyer persona;
- they help optimize merchandising, cross-selling, and upselling;
- they can be used to create targeted offers;
- they aggregate data since often an account needs to be created to save a Wishlist;
- they drive engagement by educating customers with relevant content.
Best practices include making the Wishlist easy to find, allowing shoppers to create and name various lists, enabling sharing, making the lists mobile-friendly, utilizing pop-ups to provide information (e.g., limited stock) planning campaigns based on the data collected from them.