Search Engine Optimization (SEO) improves a site’s organic (non-paid) ranking in search engine results by optimizing on-page SEO and off-page SEO elements. Since these are interconnected, all two need to be enhanced. SEO tools are very helpful in achieving the best results (Open Site Explorer, Ubersuggest, Authority Labs, Google Keywords Planner, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Broken Link Builder). In eCommerce, SEO is vital because websites that appear higher in search results enjoy better brand recognition and sales. The best SEO practices for eCommerce are:
- keyword research and evaluation of competitors’ strategies;
- site audits to identify and fix errors;
- on-page SEO (keywords, site structure, internal linking, user experience, mobile versions, customer reviews, social media integration);
- testing (e.g., A/B testing to arrive at the best version of a site);
- quality, SEO-enhanced content;
- off-page SEO using quality backlinks.